Gah! It's been a long time.
For most of the time (like the first three months) I have a good excuse. I was busy. Really busy. But since then....not so much.
It's hard for me to pick up something that I started, but then stopped.
When I'm super busy, I have ideas, but no time, now I have time but no ideas. Well, no good ideas. I have some bad ideas. For example:
Why did the term housewife fall out of favor? Much of the time, I do feel married to the thing. It always needs attention. I know that homemaker (the PC term that followed it) was supposed to be more famiy focused, but I think it just serves to make everyone forget all the tedious, annoying and time consuming things that have to be done (by men and women) to keep hearth and home functional--whether they "work" or not.
Why do suburban school districts assume that every student has at least one parent at home, waiting to do the teacher's/administration's bidding? Even stay-at-home parents have lives, you know! My favorite is the invitation to come to the classroom, during the day, at some random time, but "please leave younger children at home so they don't distract from the program".
Why do teaching applications assume the applicant is young/fresh out of school? Many programs exist for career changers but school districts seem unaware.
All these things lead me to unproductive whining. (enjoyable, yes, but not productive)
I feel married to the house, too. But at least it doesn't call me on the phone to ask me to bring home more milk :)
ReplyDeleteThis post reminded me that I have to change the laundry I put in.