Monday, January 31, 2011

The weather

I have an interview for a substitute position in a neighboring school district.  The weather is affecting my job search.  My interview has already been postponed twice, first to later the same day and then to later in the week, based on the changing weather forecast.

Here we are in the 21st century with all sorts of new technology at our fingertips and what am I writing about?

The Weather.

This makes me feel old.

In the past week, I've had conversations with people like this:

"Do you remember the winter of '94?"
"Yup,  and what about the blizzard of '96?"

The bright side is that I don't remember too much about the 'aughts', because if I catch myself saying, "What about that storm in aught-two?" I will have officially crossed over into old geezer territory.

1 comment:

  1. I've got a meeting that's going like that...today, no tomorrow, how about next week?!

    ReplyDelete